What information do we collect from buyers and why?
- We collect buyers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, and information about the device and browser you use.
- We use this information to support and process orders, and for risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information (for example, ip addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you use or place an order on the site.
- Additionally, we partner with third parties who provide us information about buyers, for example to help us screen out merchants associated with fraud.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
- WorkFromHomers.com works with a variety of third parties and service providers and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business or the business of a merchant whose store you visit or access, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page
What information do we collect and why?
- As you visit or browse the WorkFromHomers.com website, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit the WorkFromHomers.com website, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, or phone. We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- In general, we will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request or, if you are an artist/marketer, you terminate your account and your information is purged pursuant to our standard process.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
WorkFromHomers.com works with users around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below. Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation.
How do we protect your personal information across borders?
While WorkFromHomers.com is a United States company, we provide services to individuals and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, WorkFromHomers.com may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located.
Control over and access to your personal information
WorkFromHomers.com understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit WorkFromHomers.com's website or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.